Strategic Industries and Manufacturing Technologies
Coordinator of the Subgroup: Shri Gautam Thapar
- 1. ACM (Retd.) Fali Major
- 2. Shri Ravindra Gupta
- 3. Dr. Bhaskar Balakrishnan
- 4. Dr. Subir Gokarn
- 5. Lt. Gen (Retd.) P C Bhardwaj
- 6. Prof. Sanjay G Dhande
The Sub-Group will examine the significance of creating and sustaining strategic industries and manufacturing technologies as a means of expanding India's overall strategic autonomy.
- Identify the critical technologies and manufacturing capabilities that need to be located in India in order to ensure relative strategic autonomy.
- Formulate a long-term perspective plan for technology acquisition and capacity building to achieve a graduated capability for high technology generation and innovation
- Specific challenges in building defence technologies and industries as a component of the overall exercise
- Institutional and policy challenges required to achieve the above objectives, in particular creating an eco-system that encourages innovation and expeditious marketisation of emerging innovations.