Resource, Water and Food Security
Coordinator of the Subgroup: Dr. Subir Gokarn
- 1. Dr. Ligia Noronha
- 2. Lt. Gen (Retd.) P C Bhardwaj
- 3. Ms. Patricia Mukhim
- 4. Shri. Pramit Pal Chaudhuri'
- 5. Prof. Sanjay G. Dhande
The Sub-Group examines the security implications of India's resource requirements and availability. In particular, it focuses on four key resources that are significant from a national security perspective: water, food, energy and minerals. The group seeks to:
- Provide integrated perspectives on the risks and threats to long-term availability of these resources.
- Consider the issue of resource security in the context of the larger challenge of climate change.
- Identify and outline other salient implications of climate change for national security.