Coordinator of the Subgroup: ACM (Retd.) Fali Major
- 1. Dr. Srinath Raghavan
- 2. Lt. Gen (Retd.) P C Bhardwaj
- 3. Shri Jayadeva Ranade
- 4. Shri Pramit Pal Chaudhuri
- 5. Shri Pradyot Chandra C Haldar
India shares land and maintains boundaries with several independent sovereign states in the sub-continent, with India being by far the largest state of the region. India's security requires a friendly stable and secure neighbourhood. Without this India's social and economic development cannot be achieved, nor can its regional and global role ensured. The sub-group is focusing on:
- Formulating a regional framework within which India's bilateral relations with each of its neighbours must be pursued.
- Current and emerging challenges and opportunities for India and the region.
- Examining the issue of security in a larger perspective of economic, ecological and human security.